Projects underway at the Lois Hole Hospital Women's Research Centre
There are many exciting projects that will take place in the research unit, all supporting women’s health research. Please scroll down for additional research stories.
|Fetal echocardiography||Lisa Hornberger and Venu Jain|
|High risk pregnancy
(Cardiovascular regulation in hypertensive pregnancies)
|Mature women’s health||Sue Ross|
|Preeclampsia||Radha Chari and Christy-Lynne Cooke|
(Mid-Urethral Sling Tensioning Trial)
|Women’s mental health||Dawn Kingston|
Below is a list of just the few of the researchers improving women's health outcomes at the Lois Hole Hospital Women's Research Centre.
- Margie Davenport and Craig Steinback research the reason for sympathetic hyperactivity in preeclampsia.
- Edmond Ryan verifies a medication for pregnant women with type 2 diabetes.
- Sue Ross and Indigenous women partner to raise community awareness of menopause.
- Christy-Lynn Cooke, working with Radha Chari, researches the risks of older age pregnancy.
- Jane Schulz initiates perineal care clinic at the Lois Hole Hospital for Women.
- Dawn Kingston evaluates the effectiveness of online screening for prenatal depression.