Take your research to more places.
Travel funding of up to $750 is available for in-training members to share their research contributions to women’s and children’s health at conferences and scientific sessions. This is a non-competitive funding program that is offered as a benefit of WCHRI membership.
All applications to WCHRI must align with our relevance criteria in order to be eligible for funding.
In-training member criteria
- Applicant is registered at the University of Alberta at the time of application, in a full-time graduate or post-graduate program of training (graduate, post-doctoral/clinical fellow, resident or sub-specialty resident) and where academic training is focused on women’s and/or children’s health research, or the applicant has been supported by a WCHRI Summer Studentship and is presenting the WCHRI-supported summer studentship work at the conference.
- Applicant must be the first author on the abstract accepted for (oral or poster) presentation.
- Each trainee is eligible to hold funds once during each program type.
- Successful applicants are required to present their research at WCHRI Research Day within a year of receiving WCHRI support.
- All applicants must be WCHRI in-training members. Membership is free. Membership information can be found on our website.
Academic member criteria
- The sponsoring supervisor must be the WCHRI academic member under whose supervision the work was done.
- All supervisors must be WCHRI academic members for a period of at least one year prior to sponsoring application(s) to this program (except newly recruited faculty to the University of Alberta).
- A supervisor may sponsor a maximum of two trainee travel awards per fiscal year (April to March).
All publications, including presentations and public messages, arising from research supported by WCHRI grants and/or awards must acknowledge the support of WCHRI. Downloadable logos and complete acknowledgement information are available on our website.
Applications may be submitted at any time but must be received by WCHRI a minimum of 30 days prior to the event start datebefore travel to the event.
For further information
Contact WCHRI Grants Administration at firstname.lastname@example.org.