Summer Studentship Program
Spend your summer studying women's and children’s health
This program aims to encourage a new generation of talented young researchers to pursue careers in children's and women's health. Students receive invaluable, direct experience working on specific projects under the guidance of WCHRI members for three or four months during the summer. Funding of up to $1,300 per month is provided between May and August.
All applications to WCHRI must align with our relevance criteria in order to be eligible for funding.
- Undergraduate students (including medical education students) registered in a recognized degree program at time of application from any Canadian university may apply.
- Students must complete the WCHRI in-training membership requirements prior to submission of the application.
- Students must commit to the proposed research for a minimum of three months from May to August. Medical education applicants with 11 weeks available for summer research are eligible.
- Projects must be supervised by a WCHRI member and carried out at the University of Alberta.
- Supervisors may put forward only one applicant per year. Co-supervision is not permitted.
- Supervisors must be WCHRI academic members for not less than one year prior to application; except new recruits with an academic appointment of less than one year at time of application deadline.
The 2020 competition is now closed.
Contact WCHRI grants administrator Michelle Bailleux at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact WCHRI grants administration at email@example.com.