Summer Studentship Program
Spend your summer studying women and children’s health.
This program aims to encourage a new generation of talented young researchers to pursue careers in children's and women's health. Students receive invaluable, direct experience working on specific projects under the guidance of WCHRI members for three or four months during the summer. Funding of up to $1,300 per month is provided between May and August.
All applications to WCHRI must align with our relevance criteria in order to be eligible for funding.
- Undergraduate students (including medical education students) registered in a recognized degree program at time of application from any Canadian university may apply.
- Students must complete the WCHRI in-training membership requirements prior to submission of the application.
- Students must commit to the proposed research for a minimum of three months from May to August. Medical education applicants with 11 weeks available for summer research are eligible.
- Projects must be supervised by a WCHRI member and carried out at the University of Alberta.
- Supervisors may put forward only one applicant per year. Co-supervision is not permitted.
- Supervisors must be WCHRI academic members for not less than 1 year prior to application; except new recruits with an academic appointment of less than 1 year at time of application deadline.
FoMD Studentship in Placental Research
We are pleased to offer the Facutly of Medicine & Dentistry (FoMD) Studentship in Placental Research through this competition. This award, partnered with WCHRI, provides up to one full four-month summer studentship and is allocated to a top awardee whose work is directly in the area of placental research. Eligibility will be determined by WCHRI based on committee recommendation.
The 2019 competition closes February 1, 2019 at 4 p.m. Applications must be submitted to WCHRI using the WCHRI Grants electronic submission portal. Late applications will not be accepted.
Application form and information
- 2019 Summer Studentship Program Guidelines
- 2019 Summer Studentship Program Application
- 2019 Grading Grid
Application information session
WCHRI hosted an application information session on January 11, 2019. Review the presentation slides.
For further information
Contact WCHRI grants administration at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For help on writing a lay summary please see our lay abstract recommendations.