Access support for your qualitative research study proposal
Qualitative health research methods are inductive and the data gathered is used to interpret and construct the meanings of participants’ experiences (opinions, actions, behaviors, emotions, beliefs and values) associated with health and illnesses. In the context of political, economic, social and cultural realities, qualitative health research typically focuses on:
- identifying health and social needs of participants.
- examining processes of seeking healthcare, including barriers and access to care.
- understanding trajectories of health and well-being, illness and recovery or living with a disability.
- exploring behaviours and experiences of professional care providers.
- developing health care policy and programs.
- Research design
- Conducting a small set of pilot interviews and focus groups (to support the research design)
- Manuscript review (results and methodology sections)
For more information and to access any of our services, complete the research support request form.