Postdoctoral Fellowship Program
Supporting the next generation of researchers
The WCHRI Postdoctoral Fellowship Program is a new program targeted towards outstanding postdoctoral candidates seeking training under the supervision of WCHRI academic members who will provide a broad training environment focused on advancing women and/or children’s health. The awards, valued at $40,000 per year for two years (total maximum $80,000), have been funded through the generosity of our partners, the Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation and the Lois Hole Hospital for Women. Successful candidates must demonstrate how this award will enable them to further their career goals in the area of women and/or children’s health.
All applications to WCHRI must be highly aligned with our relevance criteria in order to be eligible for funding. For this program, projects presenting with a focus on breast cancer are not eligible.
- Applicants must possess a PhD, have been accepted into a formal postdoctoral training program with a WCHRI academic member, and be within the first 36 months of their postdoctoral training by February 1, 2019.
- Applicants must present with a project that directly relates to women and/or children's health research.
- Applicants must complete the WCHRI in-training membership requirements prior to submission of the application.
- Applicants may not concurrently hold/be on leave from a faculty position.
- Sponsoring supervisors must have been a WCHRI academic member for at least one year at the time of application.
- Primary supervisors may only submit one application per competition cycle.
All applications must be institutionally sponsored on behalf of the applicant and their supervisor(s). WCHRI Postdoctoral Fellowship awards are tenable at the University of Alberta only. Please refer to department, faculty and RSO for signature processes and deadlines.
The 2018 competition closed October 29, 2018.
Congratulations to all successful awardees! View the 2018 Postdoctoral Fellowship competition results or view past grant awards and statistics.
Application information session
WCHRI hosted an application information session September 18, 2018. Review the presentation slides.
Lay abstract support
For help on writing a lay summary please see our lay abstract recommendations.
For further information
Contact WCHRI grants administration at firstname.lastname@example.org.