Recruiting the best in women and children's research
WCHRI recognizes how critically important it is to identify and recruit talented new researchers working in children’s and/or women’s health to the University of Alberta (U of A). WCHRI is open to exploring strategic research recruitment partnership opportunities with faculties, departments, and/or institutes.
WCHRI funds, including operating and salary support, may be made available to support recruitment efforts in the form of funded chairs and/or start-up packages. WCHRI may also consider opportunities to request shared laboratory space (3rd floor of the Katz building) in circumstances where the strategic recruitment is highly aligned with research being conducted by current occupants.
Please note that recruitment support is only available for research intensive recruitment cases (40% or greater research time commitment) and in partnership with U of A faculties, departments and/or institutes (in-kind and or other funding support required).
If you are a department chair or faculty dean who would like to partner with WCHRI on a strategic research recruitment case, please contact our program director, Tanya Voth.
- Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation’s Chair in Autism Research, Lonnie Zwaigenbaum
- Cavarzan Chair in Women’s Health Research, Sue Ross
- Sawin-Baldwin Chair in Ovarian Cancer, Cheng-Han Lee
- Lois Hole Hospital for Women Cross-Provincial Chair in Perinatal Mental Health, Dawn Kingston
- Royal Alexandra Hospital Foundation Chair in Women’s Health Research, Jane Schulz