Supporting priority-driven research
WCHRI enables research that is aligned with our strategic priorities through strategic funding opportunities:
- ACHRI-WCHRI Team-Based Research Development Fund supports the development of teams to apply for large-scale national/ international competitive funding.
- Letters of support can be provided to academic members who are submitting grant applications.
- Partnership program provides an opportunity for our members to leverage WCHRI funds in partnership with external granting agencies and other sources of research funding.
- Recruitment supports departments and faculties in recruiting the best researchers to the University of Alberta.
- Training Researchers in Pediatrics (TRIP) aims to support the development of future pediatrician-scientists via targeted research mentorship, advocacy, support, and skill-building from the Core stage of training and beyond.
All researchers and/or partners who receive funding must properly acknowledge WCHRI and the support of the Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation and/or the Alberta Women’s Health Foundation in their research and public publications, websites, presentations, posters and reports.