The University of Alberta has joined Genomics England
Researchers at the University of Alberta are now able to access the Genomics England research collaboration. This secure research environment provides access to the “100,000 genomes project”, which includes a steadily increasing cohort of genomic data with over 90,000 participants (80 per cent rare disease, 20 per cent cancer) and over 118,000 genomes.
Investigators and their trainees can apply to access this research environment:
- Review the list of available research domains and submit your application form through the Genomics England website.
- When submitting your application, ensure that you use your @ualberta email address – no other email addresses will be approved.
- Student applications must include their supervisor’s name and email address. Student applications will only be approved if their supervisor has a registered account.
- Once your application has been submitted, it will be verified by the Genomics England domain lead for the research domain you have selected (~10 days).
- Once approved by the domain lead, your application will be validated by a team at the U of A to ensure you have a current affiliation with the university (~10 days).
- Before your application is validated, you will be required to confirm you have read and understood the GeCIP rules and complete an online training program prior to gaining access to the research environment.
If you have questions about access, please contact Tanya Voth (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For more information, see:
Access to Genomics England is facilitated through the Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry and the Women and Children’s Health Research Institute.