Take your research to the TOPP!
Funding of up to $750 is available for in-training members to share their research outcomes in women and/or children’s health. Research outcomes supported through this program include in-person (oral or poster) abstract presentations at conferences and scientific sessions or publication in peer-reviewed journals. This funding program is non-competitive and offered as a benefit of WCHRI membership.
All applications to WCHRI must align with our relevance criteria in order to be eligible for funding.
Eligibility criteria is as follows:
- Applicants must be physically at the University of Alberta and participating in research as per the University of Alberta guidelines and policies.
- At the time of application, in-training members must be:
- registered in a full-time, thesis-based, graduate program in a health-related discipline leading to a master’s or a doctoral degree, or
- employed full-time in a postgraduate program of research (postdoctoral/clinical fellows, resident or sub-specialty resident), or
- a WCHRI Summer Studentship awardee.
- The applicant must be the first author on the research outcome.
- The research must be a direct outcome from the applicant’s training program.
- Sponsoring supervisors must be WCHRI academic members for not less than one year prior to application, except new recruits with an academic appointment of less than one year at the time of application.
- The sponsoring supervisor must be the last author on the research outcome.
Applicants must acknowledge WCHRI on the research outcome supported through this program. Acknowledgement information and logos are available on our acknowledgements and logos page.
Trainee Outcome Presentation Program call for applications
In order to access the application form and support program requirements, the following applies:
- The applicant must submit the WCHRI Trainee Outcome and Presentation Program Application Form.
- WCHRI will send a request for support to the sponsoring supervisor (in one business day) after all application form requirements have been met. This form link is unique to each applicant.
- The sponsoring supervisor must complete the support request form and submit it to WCHRI by the deadline date.
- Trainees under the primary supervisor of a WCHRI academic member are automatically WCHRI in-training members.
Program reference material
Application and deadlines
Application to this program is a two-step process:
- Application form
- The application form must be complete and submitted to WCHRI.
- The deadline for submission is:
- within 30 days of formal acceptance of the abstract (for conference presentation) or the article (in a peer-reviewed journal).
- Application sponsor support request form
- WCHRI will solicit support from the sponsoring supervisor within one business day of the application form submission.
Access the application form
Application outcomes will be provided within 30 days following the submission of the application sponsor support request form.
For further information
All applicants are to refer to the program information (including guidelines) and then refer questions to their sponsoring supervisor.
Supervisors that require program clarification are invited to contact WCHRI grants.