Innovate in your area of research
This grant competition offers operating funds for research investigations that lead to improved health outcomes for women and/or children. All applications are peer-reviewed by either the Biomedical Grant Advisory Committees or the Applied Health Grant Advisory Committee. Applications submitted to this grant competition may be either stand-alone projects or projects that provide preliminary data for future applications to provincial and/or national agencies. Funding of up to $60,000 is available for a two-year period.
All applications to WCHRI must align with our relevance criteria in order to be eligible for funding. Eligibility criteria for the Innovation Grant Program is as follows:
- The principal investigator must hold a full-time academic or clinical faculty appointment at the University of Alberta.
- The principal investigator must be a WCHRI academic member for not less than one year prior to application, except new recruits with an academic appointment of less than one year at time of application deadline.
- Each principal investigator may submit one application (maximum).
- Principal investigators that currently hold program funding may re-apply to the WCHRI Innovation grant program no earlier than year two of their current grant funding (refer to 10.2 Grant Transitioning).
Program eligibility is established upon submission of the completed application access request and application forms.
Innovation Grant Program call for applications
Summary of changes
WCHRI has moved to an electronic application. In order to access the application and support program requirements, the following changes apply:
- The principal investigator is required to submit the WCHRI Innovation Grant access request form
- WCHRI will generate academic memberships for newly recruited academic faculty identified as principal investigators on the application access request form
- WCHRI will send the application form link to the principal investigator once application access requirements have been met
- Application form links are unique and specific to each principal investigator
- Letters of collaboration and biosketch forms are specific to each team member and will be solicited directly by WCHRI
- Submitted information is final and not subject to amendment. Late submissions and/or supplemental information is not accepted
Program reference material
WCHRI held a Grant Information Session for this opportunity on April 16. Watch the Zoom replay.
Application and deadlines
The application is a two-step process:
- Application access request form
- The deadline for submission for submission is extended to April 30, 2021, at 4 p.m.
- Application form
- Access will be provided based on the submission of the application access request form.
- Letters of collaboration and biosketch forms are solicited directly by WCHRI.
- The submission for all forms (application, letter of collaboration and biosketch) is May 31, 2021, at 4 p.m.
Access the application form
Please refer to the grants landing page for competition outcome timelines.
For further information
Refer to the program information (including guidelines) and then send questions to WCHRI grants.