Innovate in your area of research
This grant competition offers operating funds for research investigations that lead to improved health outcomes for women and/or children. All applications are peer-reviewed by either the Biomedical Grant Advisory Committees or the Applied Health Grant Advisory Committee. Applications submitted to this grant competition may be either stand-alone projects or projects that provide pilot data for future applications to provincial and/or national agencies. Funding of up to $60,000 is available for a two-year period.
All applications to WCHRI must align with our relevance criteria in order to be eligible for funding. Eligibility criteria is as follows:
- The principal investigator must hold a full-time academic or clinical faculty appointment at the University of Alberta.
- The principal investigator must be a WCHRI academic member for not less than one year prior to application, except new recruits with an academic appointment of less than one year at time of application deadline.
- Each principal investigator may submit one application (maximum).
- Principal investigators that currently hold program funding may re-apply to the WCHRI Innovation grant program no earlier than year two of their current grant funding.
Program eligibility is established upon submission of the completed application access request and application forms.
Innovation Grant Program call for applications
Summary of changes
In order to access the application form and support program requirements, the following applies:
- The principal investigator is required to submit the WCHRI Innovation Grant access request form.
- WCHRI will send the application form link to the principal investigator (in one business day) after all access form requirements have been met. This form link is unique to each principal investigator.
- The WCHRI 2022 Innovation Grant Co-investigator Biosketch Form must be completed by each co-investigator and sent by the co-investigator to the principal investigator. The principal investigator must upload the completed WCHRI 2022 Innovation Grant Co-investigator Biosketch Form into the application form.
- Each collaborator must provide a letter of collaboration directly to the principal investigator. The principal investigator must upload each letter (of collaboration) into the application form.
WCHRI will not accept biosketch forms or letters of collaboration directly from research team members. Submitted information is final and not subject to amendment. Late submissions and/or supplemental information is not accepted.
WCHRI held a Grant Information Session on April 8.
Application and deadlines
The application is a two-step process:
- Application access request form
- Access to the application will be provided based on the submission of the application access request form.
- The deadline for submission is April 22, 2022, at 4 p.m.
- Application form
- The complete application form (including letter(s) of collaboration and co-investigator biosketch(es), as relevant) must be submitted by the deadline.
- The deadline for submission is May 20, 2022, at 4 p.m.
Access the application form
Program reference material (including biosketch form access)
- WCHRI 2022 Innovation Grant Program guidelines
- WCHRI 2022 Innovation Grant Co-investigator Biosketch Form
The 2022 Innovation Grant competition results will be available July 8, 2022 at 3 p.m.
Feedback will be provided the week ending July 15, 2022.
For further information
Please refer to the program information (including guidelines) and then to the principal investigator.
Principal investigators that require clarification are invited to contact WCHRI grants.