Innovate in your area of research
This grant competition offers operating funds for research investigations that lead to improved health outcomes for women and/or children. All applications are peer-reviewed by either the Biomedical Grant Advisory Committees or the Applied Health Grant Advisory Committee. Applications submitted to this grant competition may be either stand-alone projects or projects that provide preliminary data for future applications to provincial and/or national agencies. Funding of up to $60,000 is available for a two-year period.
All applications to WCHRI must align with our relevance criteria in order to be eligible for funding. Eligibility criteria for the Innovation Grant Program is as follows:
- The principal investigator must hold a full-time academic or clinical faculty appointment at the University of Alberta.
- The principal investigator must be a WCHRI academic member for not less than one year prior to application, except new recruits with an academic appointment of less than one year at time of application deadline.
- Each principal investigator may submit one application (maximum).
- Principal investigators that currently hold program funding may re-apply to the WCHRI Innovation grant program no earlier than year two of their current grant funding (refer to 10.2 Grant Transitioning).
Program eligibility is established upon submission of the completed application access request and application forms.
Application and deadlines
The application is a two-step process:
- Application access request form
- The deadline was April 30, 2021, at 4 p.m.
- Application form
- Access will be provided based on the submission of the application access request form.
- Letters of collaboration and biosketch forms are solicited directly by WCHRI.
- The submission for all forms (application, letter of collaboration and biosketch) was May 31, 2021, at 4 p.m.
A complete, current listing of all funding programs and deadlines is available on the WCHRI grants and awards page. Timelines for the WCHRI 2022 Innovation Grant Program competition will be available March 2022.
Please refer to the grants landing page for competition outcome timelines.
For further information
Refer to the program information (including guidelines) and then send questions to WCHRI grants.