Facilitate excellence within an integrated hospital environment
The Clinical/Community Research Integration Support Program (CRISP) funds clinical and/or community research that has the potential to improve health outcomes and/or influence clinical practice at the point of care for women and/or children.
Funding requests up to $20,000 (total) for a three-year term will be considered.
Objectives include the following:
- Enhance research excellence and capacity in investigator-initiated clinical/community research studies.
- Support the development of evidence-informed practice to improve health outcomes for women and/or children.
All applications to WCHRI must align with our relevance criteria in order to be eligible for funding. Eligibility criteria for the CRISP Grant Program is as follows:
- The principal investigator must hold a full-time academic or clinical faculty appointment at the University of Alberta.
- The principal investigator must be a WCHRI academic member for not less than one year prior to application, except new recruits with an academic appointment of less than one year at time of application deadline.
- Each principal investigator may submit one application (maximum).
- Principal investigators that currently hold program funding may re-apply to the WCHRI CRISP grant program no earlier than year three of their current grant funding (refer to 10.2 Grant Transitioning).
Program eligibility is established upon submission of the completed application access request and application forms.
CRISP Grant Program call for applications
Summary of changes
WCHRI has moved to an electronic application. In order to access the application and support program requirements, the following changes apply:
- The principal investigator is required to submit the WCHRI CRISP Grant access request form.
- WCHRI will generate academic memberships for newly recruited academics. faculty identified as principal investigators on the application access request form.
- WCHRI will send the application form link to the principal investigator once application access requirements have been met.
- Application form links are unique and specific to each principal investigator.
- Letters of collaboration and biosketch forms are specific to each team member and will be solicited directly by WCHRI.
- Letters of stakeholder engagement are optional and forms are only sent to stakeholders if requested in the access form by the principal investigator.
- Submitted information is final and not subject to amendment. Late submissions and/or supplemental information is not accepted.
Program reference material
- 2021 CRISP Grant Program guidelines
WCHRI will hold a Grant Information Session to support members interested in applying for this opportunity. Stay tuned for an event time and date!
Application and deadlines
The application is a two-step process:
- Application access request form
- The deadline for submission is August 16, 2021, at 4 p.m.
- Application form
- Access will be provided based on the submission of the application access request form.
- Letters of collaboration, letters of stakeholder engagement, and biosketch forms are solicited directly by WCHRI
- The submission for all forms (application, letter of collaboration and biosketch, letter of stakeholder engagement) is September 16, 2021, at 4 p.m.
Access the application form
Please refer to the grants landing page for competition outcome timelines.
For further information
Refer to the program information (including guidelines) and then send questions to WCHRI grants.