Facilitate excellence within an integrated hospital environment
The Clinical/Community Research Integration Support Program (CRISP) funds clinical and/or community research that has the potential to improve health outcomes and/or influence clinical practice at the point of care for women and/or children.
Funding requests up to $20,000 (total) for a three-year term will be considered.
Objectives include the following:
- Enhance research excellence and capacity in investigator-initiated clinical/community research studies.
- Support the development of evidence-informed practice to improve health outcomes for women and/or children.
All applications to WCHRI must align with our relevance criteria in order to be eligible for funding. Eligibility criteria for the CRISP Grant Program is as follows:
- The principal investigator must hold a full-time academic or clinical faculty appointment at the University of Alberta.
- The principal investigator must be a WCHRI academic member for not less than one year prior to application, except new recruits with an academic appointment of less than one year at time of application deadline.
- Each principal investigator may submit one application (maximum).
- Principal investigators that currently hold program funding may re-apply to the WCHRI CRISP grant program no earlier than year three of their current grant funding.
Program eligibility is established upon submission of the completed application access request and application forms.
CRISP Grant Program call for applications
Summary of changes
- WCHRI no longer requires an RSO research project number to apply. RSO sponsorship will be required only for applications offered funding.
- Applications are to be submitted to WCHRI directly without institutional sponsorship.
- Awarded applicants will require institutional sponsorship to implement funding.
In order to access the application form and support program requirements, the following applies:
- The principal investigator is required to submit the WCHRI 2023 CRISP Grant Access Request Form.
- WCHRI will send the application form link to the principal investigator (in one business day) after all access form requirements have been met. This form link is unique to each principal investigator.
- The WCHRI 2023 CRISP Grant Co-investigator/Mentor Biosketch Form must be completed by each co-investigator and each mentor (as applicable) and sent by the team member to the principal investigator. The principal investigator must upload the completed WCHRI 2023 CRISP Grant Co-investigator Biosketch Form into the application form.
- Each collaborator must provide a letter of collaboration directly to the principal investigator. The principal investigator must upload each letter (of collaboration) into the application form.
- Each stakeholder may provide a letter of stakeholder engagement. Letters of stakeholder engagement must be provided directly to the principal investigator. The principal investigator must upload each letter (of stakeholder engagement) into the application form.
- WCHRI will not accept biosketch forms or letters directly from research team members or stakeholders.
Submitted information is final and not subject to amendment. Late submissions and/or supplemental information is not accepted.
WCHRI will hold a program information session. The date/time is to be determined.
Application and deadlines
The application is a two-step process:
- Application access request form
- Access to the application will be provided based on the submission of the application access request form.
- The deadline for submission is August 25, 2023, at 4 p.m.
- Application form
- The complete application form (including letter(s) of collaboration, letters of stakeholder engagement and co-investigator/mentor biosketch(es), as relevant) must be submitted by the deadline.
- The deadline for submission is September 22, 2023, at 4 p.m.
Access the application form
Complete the WCHRI 2023 CRISP Grant Access Request Form
Program reference material (including biosketch form access)
- WCHRI 2023 CRISP Grant Program Guidelines
- WCHRI 2023 CRISP Grant Co-investigator/Mentor Biosketch Form
The 2023 CRISP Grant competition results will be available December 8, 2023, at 3 p.m.
Applicants will be notified of their outcome on December 15, 2023, at 3 p.m. Feedback is included with the outcome notification.
For further information
Please refer to the program information (including guidelines) and then to the principal investigator.
Principal investigators that require clarification are invited to contact WCHRI grants.