Facilitate excellence within an integrated hospital environment
The Clinical/Community Research Integration Support Program (CRISP) funds clinical and/or community research that has the potential to improve health outcomes and/or influence clinical practice at the point of care for women and/or children.
Funding requests up to $20,000 (total) for a three-year term will be considered.
Objectives include the following:
- Enhance research excellence and capacity in investigator-initiated clinical/community research studies.
- Support the development of evidence-informed practice to improve health outcomes for women and/or children.
All applications to WCHRI must align with our relevance criteria in order to be eligible for funding. Eligibility criteria for the CRISP Grant Program is as follows:
- The principal investigator must hold a full-time academic or clinical faculty appointment at the University of Alberta.
- The principal investigator must be a WCHRI academic member for not less than one year prior to application, except new recruits with an academic appointment of less than one year at time of application deadline.
- Each principal investigator may submit one application (maximum).
- Principal investigators that currently hold program funding may re-apply to the WCHRI CRISP grant program no earlier than year three of their current grant funding (refer to Grant Transitioning).
Program eligibility is established upon submission of the completed application access request and application forms.
Application and deadlines
The application was a two-step process:
- Application access request form
- The deadline for submission was August 16, 2021, at 4 p.m.
- Application form
- Access was provided based on the submission of the application access request form.
- Letters of collaboration, letters of stakeholder engagement, and biosketch forms are solicited directly by WCHRI
- The submission for all forms (application, letter of collaboration and biosketch, letter of stakeholder engagement) was September 16, 2021, at 4 p.m.
A complete, current listing of all funding programs and deadlines is available on the WCHRI grants and awards page. Timelines for the WCHRI 2022 CRISP Grant Program competition will be available July, 2022.
Please refer to the grants landing page for competition timelines.
Application feedback will be sent out by December 3, 2021, at 4 p.m.
For further information
Refer to the program information (including guidelines) and then send questions to WCHRI grants.