Maintain the momentum of your research project
WCHRI offers a twelve-month Bridge Grant Program for CIHR applications that have just missed the funding cut-off. The Bridge Grant Program is intended to help sustain research momentum to support WCHRI members’ successful reapplication to the following CIHR competition.
All applications to WCHRI must align with our relevance criteria in order to be eligible for funding.
In addition, the applicant must:
- be within the top 30% of the current CIHR project competition, as per CIHR notice of the decision.
- provide CIHR scientific officer notes that evidences committee discussion of the current application.
- provide documented financial need to evidence funding is required for the research project to maintain research momentum.
- not have held Bridge Grant Program funding from WCHRI within the last three years.
- be a WCHRI academic member for not less than one year prior to application, except new recruits with an academic appointment of less than one year at the time of application to WCHRI.
WCHRI will not consider Bridge Grant Program funding requests for applications that have been submitted four or more times to CIHR.
Grants are offered contingent upon the availability of funds. Funding allocation is determined by WCHRI.
The deadline for submission is March 12, 2021.
For further information
Contact WCHRI grants.