Knowledge Translation (KT)
Put your research findings into practice
Knowledge Translation (KT) is the process of taking knowledge from research and putting it into action. It is a dynamic and iterative process that involves methodology, collaboration, and strategy. At WCHRI, we are nurturing a research environment where KT is a meaningful, feasible and ethical/responsible component of members' research projects.
- Assisting with the development of a knowledge translation and implementation plan
- Reviewing knowledge translation sections of research proposals and funding applications
- Interpreting research for different audiences.
Check out WCHRI’s KT handout—it provides definitions and information about knowledge users and knowledge brokers. More resources include:
- Knowledge Translation (KT) Alberta website
- Knowledge Translation Plan Template
- SickKids Knowledge Translation (KT) eLearning module 1—Introduction to knowledge translation
- SickKids Knowledge Translation (KT) eLearning module 2—How to prepare a knowledge translation plan
For more information and to access any of our services, complete the research support request form.