Innovate in your area of research
WCHRI is pleased to announce that the Innovation Grant competition is now open. This grant competition offers operating funds for research investigations that lead to improved health outcomes for women and/or children. All applications are peer-reviewed by one of the Biomedical Grant Advisory Committees or the Applied Health Grant Advisory Committee. Applications submitted to this grant competition may be either stand-alone projects or projects that provide preliminary data for future applications to provincial and/or national agencies. Funding of up to $60,000 is available for a two-year period.
All applications to WCHRI must align with our relevance criteria in order to be eligible for funding.
- The principal investigator must hold a full-time academic appointment at the University of Alberta
- The principal investigator must be a WCHRI academic member for not less than one year prior to application, except new recruits with an academic appointment of less than one year at the time of application deadline.
- Each principal investigator may submit one application (maximum).
Principal investigators currently holding Innovation grant funding must evidence, at the time of application submission, that the spend-rate and research progress for the previous award is a minimum of 75 per cent spent/complete before further eligibility will be considered (contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information).
Priority call in mental health
WCHRI has committed one award to support research in the area of women and/or children’s mental health. The application process for these funds remains the same as for other applications.
The application close date is March 13, 2020, at 4 p.m.
Applications must be submitted to WCHRI using the WCHRI Innovation grant electronic submission portal. Late applications will not be accepted.
Summary of changes
Changes to this competitive program include:
- A total maximum budget/funding request of $60,000 is now available, effective the 2020 competition. Refer to guidelines and application form for information.
- The application approval is now through RSO electronic signature process. Refer to application form for information.
Application form and information
- 2020 WCHRI Innovation Grant Program guidelines
- 2020 WCHRI Innovation Grant Application
- 2020 WCHRI Innovation Grant Biosketch Template
- 2020 WCHRI Innovation Grant Review Criteria
Applicant information session
An applicant information session will be offered by WCHRI on February 5, 2020.
- Presenter: Todd Alexander, Innovation Committee Chair (biomedical)
- Time: 11:30 a.m.–1 p.m.
- Location: ECHA 4-036
For further information
Contact WCHRI grants administration at email@example.com.