Innovate in your area of research
WCHRI is pleased to announce that the Innovation Grant competition is now open. This grant competition offers operating funds for research investigations that lead to improved health outcomes for women and/or children. All applications are peer-reviewed by one of the Biomedical Grant Advisory Committees or the Applied Health Grant Advisory Committee. Applications submitted to this grant competition may be either stand-alone projects or projects that provide preliminary data for future applications to provincial and/or national agencies. Funding of up to $50,000 is available for a two-year period.
All applications to WCHRI must align with our relevance criteria in order to be eligible for funding.
- The principal investigator must hold a full-time academic appointment at the University of Alberta
- The principal investigator must be a WCHRI academic member for not less than 1 year prior to application; except new recruits with an academic appointment of less than 1 year at time of application deadline.
- Each principal investigator may submit one application (maximum).
Priority Call in Mental Health
Call in Cervical Cancer
WCHRI has received additional funding ($50,000.00) from the Royal Alexandra Hospital Foundation to support research related to cervical cancer. The application process for these funds remains the same as for other applications.
The application close date is March 15, 2019 at 4 p.m. Applications must be submitted to WCHRI using the WCHRI Grants electronic submission portal. Late applications will not be accepted.
- 2019 WCHRI Innovation Program guidelines
- 2019 WCHRI Innovation Grant application
- 2019 WCHRI Innovation Grant biosketch template
- 2019 WCHRI Innovation Grant review criteria
Applicant information session
WCHRI hosted an application information session on January 30, 2019. Review the presentation slides.
For further information
Contact WCHRI grants administration at email@example.com.