WCHRI Lunch & Learn: “How to tailor your CV and market yourself to industry or academia”
Please join us for a Lunch & Learn to help you prepare for diving into the job market. The panelists will provide hints and tips on creating opportunities to target potential job opportunities as well as share their experiences as interviewees and interviewers in various academic and industry institutions. This session is meant to be interactive, so please bring your questions.
Attendees will learn:
- practical tools and guidelines for assessing career choices.
- the process needed to help identify career objectives and professional development needs.
- effective goal setting.
- how to find and work with mentors to implement career plans.
- Mykhaylo Bodnar, career advisor at the University of Alberta Career Centre. For over 10 years he has advised students and facilitated their learning of the career management and work search strategies to meet their career goals.
- Eric Loo, director of Business Development for Mitacs in Alberta North. Loo is an advocate for science and the research community and is proud to work with an organization that helps to promote research and increase its visibility with Canadian industry and the Canadian public.
- Dory Sample, clinical research program manager at WCHRI. Sample worked as a study coordinator; CRA; medical writer; regulatory affairs associate; project manager overseeing international clinical trials; drug safety manager; and clinical research program manager, in academia and industry.
Date: May 28
Time: noon–1 p.m.
Location: ECHA L1-140
Pizza lunch provided. Register today!
Please feel free to distribute the poster to your networks.