Bridge Funding Program
Maintain the momentum of your research project
WCHRI is now offering a twelve-month Bridge Funding Program for CIHR applications that have just missed the funding cut-off. Bridge funding is intended to help maintain research momentum and sustain research programs to allow WCHRI members to successfully compete in the following CIHR competition.
All applications to WCHRI must align with our relevance criteria in order to be eligible for funding.
All publications, including presentations and public messages, arising from research supported by WCHRI grants and/or awards must acknowledge the support of WCHRI. Downloadable logos and complete acknowledgement information are available on our website.
In addition, the applicant must:
- be a WCHRI member with a full-time university-based appointment;
- have been within the top 30 – 35% of the current CIHR project competition;
- provide documented financial need to enable the research project to continue; and
- not have held bridge funding from WCHRI within the last three years.
Applicants are encouraged to have participated in the University of Alberta Grant Assist Program (GAP) review but this is not a requirement. Those investigators who have not previously held CIHR grants but meet the other criteria are eligible to apply for bridge funding.
Applicants that meet the bridge funding criteria must submit the following documentation to WCHRI:
- Review documents provided by CIHR including the notice of recommendation.
- A brief budget including the amount (maximum $40,000) of bridge funding requested (one page maximum). Final awards will be contingent on the availability of funds and demonstrated need.
- A summary table of open research accounts held including the funding remaining in each, along with a justification of the request for bridge funds in the context of all other funding currently held (one page maximum).
- A description of how the bridge funds will be used to increase the applicant’s competitiveness in the upcoming CIHR competition (1/2 page maximum).
- A synopsis of how the research relates to women’s and/or children’s health (1/2 page maximum).
The funding announcement for 2018 Spring CIHR project grants is expected to be July 10, 2018. The deadline for submission of bridge funding applications to WCHRI is July 18, 2018. Complete bridge funding requests are to be submitted in a single electronic document to WCHRI Grants Administration at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information
Contact WCHRI Grants Administration at email@example.com.