Bridge Funding Program
Maintain the momentum of your research project
WCHRI offers a twelve-month Bridge Funding Program for CIHR applications that have just missed the funding cut-off. Bridge funding is intended to help sustain research momentum to support WCHRI members successful reapplication to the following CIHR competition.
In addition, the applicant must:
- Be within the top 30% of the current CIHR project competition, as per CIHR notice of the decision;
- Provide CIHR scientific officer notes that evidences committee discussion of the current application;
- Provide documented financial need to evidence funding is required for the research project to maintain research momentum;
- Not have held bridge funding from WCHRI within the last three years;
- Be a WCHRI academic member for not less than one year prior to application, except new recruits with an academic appointment of less than one year at the time of application to WCHRI;
WCHRI will not consider Bridge Program funding requests for applications that have been submitted four or more times to CIHR.
WCHRI strongly encourages participation in the University of Alberta Grant Assist Program (GAP) for review of the current CIHR application. Where funding resources are limited, participation in the GAP program may be used as a criterion when allocating bridge funding.
The deadline for submission of bridge funding applications is February 10, 2020. Applications must be submitted to WCHRI using the Partner Bridge Grant electronic submission portal. Late applications will not be accepted.
Summary of changes
WCHRI, in partnership with FoMD, CRINA, LKSIoV, and NACTRC is supporting an electronic submission portal for bridge applications. Refer to the "Submit your application" section below for access to the portal.
How to submit your application
- Complete the information requested in the portal.
- Upload your (searchable) PDF application.
- Submit your application by clicking “Submit”.
- Download a copy of the application details.
Complete your submission
You must formally “submit” your application using the application portal by the deadline. Application material that has been drafted and saved but not submitted will not be considered for program funding.
Once you have submitted your application you will be offered the opportunity to download a copy of the application information you provided in the portal.
Submit your application
For further information
Contact WCHRI’s research grants administrator, Michelle Bailleux, at 780-248-2090 or firstname.lastname@example.org.