Bridge Funding Program
Maintain the momentum of your research project
WCHRI offers a twelve-month Bridge Funding Program for CIHR applications that have just missed the funding cut-off. Bridge funding is intended to help sustain research momentum to support WCHRI members successful reapplication to the following CIHR competition.
In addition, the applicant must:
- have been within the top 30% of the current CIHR project competition.
- provide CIHR scientific officer notes that evidences committee discussion of the current application.
- provide documented financial need to evidence funding is required for the research project to maintain research momentum.
- not have held bridge funding from WCHRI within the last three years.
- have participated in the University of Alberta Grant Assist Program (GAP) for review of the current CIHR application.
- be WCHRI academic member for not less than 1 year prior to application; except new recruits with an academic appointment of less than 1 year at time of application to WCHRI.
WCHRI will not consider Bridge program funding requests for applications that have been submitted 4 times (or more) to CIHR.
The deadline for submission of bridge funding applications to WCHRI is July 19, 2019. Applications must be submitted to WCHRI using the WCHRI Grants electronic submission portal. Late applications will not be accepted.
For further information
Contact WCHRI Grants Administration at firstname.lastname@example.org.