Graduate Studentship Program
Become a WCHRI-funded graduate student
The WCHRI Graduate Studentship Program offers competitively funded trainee support to outstanding students who are engaged in a full-time, thesis-based graduate-level program of study at the University of Alberta. The award is valued at up to $18,000 per year and may be held for up to two years. Students and their supervisors from all faculties/departments and disciplines researching issues related to women and/or children's health are encouraged to apply.
All applications to WCHRI must align with our relevance criteria in order to be eligible for funding.
Eligibility criteria for the WCHRI Graduate Studentship program:
- All applicants must be actively working on the proposed research.
- Applicants must be physically attending the University of Alberta, registered in a full-time, thesis-based, graduate program in a health-related discipline leading to a Master's or Doctoral degree at the time of application.
- Projects must be supervised by a WCHRI academic member.
- Supervisors may submit only one application per competition as primary supervisor; no more than two graduate students will be supported simultaneously for any faculty member as either a supervisor or co-supervisor.
- Applicants must complete the WCHRI in-training membership requirements prior to submission of the application.
All supervisors are required to create a studentship project through their Researcher Home Page. Include with this application form the supervisor’s University of Alberta Researcher Home Page Proposal “Request Page” for this studentship application. All institutional approvals must be evidenced on the Request Page. Applications that do not provide evidence of institutional sponsorship through submission of the required RSO Request Page with the completed application will not be considered for funding. Refer to section 9.0 Institutional sponsorship for further details. WCHRI Graduate Studentship awards are tenable at the University of Alberta only. Funding is non-transferrable.
Priority Call in Mental Health
The 2020 competition is now closed.
Congratulations to all successful awardees! View the 2020 Graduate Studentship competition results.
Contact WCHRI grants administrator Michelle Bailleux at email@example.com.
Contact WCHRI grants administration at firstname.lastname@example.org.