Graduate Studentship Program
Apply to become a WCHRI-funded graduate student
The WCHRI Graduate Studentship Program offers competitively funded trainee support to outstanding students who are engaged in a full-time, thesis-based graduate level program of study at the University of Alberta. The award is valued at up to $18,000 per year and may be held for up to two years. Students and their supervisors from all faculties/departments and disciplines researching issues related to women's and children's health are encouraged to apply.
All applications to WCHRI must align with our relevance criteria in order to be eligible for funding.
- The applicant must be a registered in a full-time, thesis-based, graduate program at the University of Alberta in a health-related discipline leading to a Master's or Doctoral degree at the time of application.
- Applicants must complete the WCHRI in-training membership requirements prior to submission of the application.
- Projects must be supervised by a WCHRI academic member
- Supervisors may submit only one application per competition as primary supervisor; no more than two graduate students will be supported simultaneously for any faculty member as either a supervisor or co-supervisor.
The 2018 competition closed April 20, 2018.
- 2018 Graduate Studentship Program Guidelines
- 2018 Graduate Studentship Award Application
- 2018 Graduate Studentship Biosketch Template
- 2018 Graduate Studentship FGSR Waiver to disclose GPA
- 2018 Graduate Studentship Grading Grid
Application information session
WCHRI hosted an application information session on February 28, 2018. Review the presentation slides.
For help on writing a lay summary please see our lay abstract recommendations.
For further information
Contact WCHRI grants administration at firstname.lastname@example.org.