Graduate Studentship Program
Apply to become a WCHRI-funded graduate student
The WCHRI Graduate Studentship Program offers competitively funded trainee support to outstanding students who are engaged in a full-time, thesis-based graduate level program of study at the University of Alberta. The award is valued at up to $18,000 per year and may be held for up to two years. Students and their supervisors from all faculties/departments and disciplines researching issues related to women's and children's health are encouraged to apply.
All applications to WCHRI must align with our relevance criteria in order to be eligible for funding.
Eligibility criteria for the WCHRI Graduate Studentship program:
- All applicants must be physically attending the University of Alberta, registered in a full-time, thesis based, graduate program in a health-related discipline leading to a Master or Doctoral degree at the time of application.
- Applicants must complete the WCHRI in-training membership requirements prior to submission of the application.
- Projects must be supervised by a WCHRI academic member.
- Supervisors may submit only one application per competition as primary supervisor; no more than two graduate students will be supported simultaneously for any faculty member as either a supervisor or co-supervisor.
- Supervisors must be WCHRI academic members for not less than one year prior to application; except new recruits with an academic appointment of less than one year at time of application deadline.
All applications must be complete and signed by the University of Alberta on behalf of the applicant and their supervisor prior to application submission. Refer to section 9.0 Institutional sponsorship for further details. WCHRI Graduate Studentship awards are tenable at the University of Alberta only. Funding is non-transferrable.
Priority Call in Mental Health
The 2019 Graduate Studentship program is now closed.
Application information session
WCHRI offered an application information session February 28.
For further information
Contact WCHRI grants administration at email@example.com.