Clinical/Community Research Integration Support Program (CRISP)
Facilitate excellence within an integrated hospital environment
The Clinical/Community Research Integration Support Program (CRISP) funds clinical and/or community research that has the potential to improve health outcomes and/or influence clinical practice at the point of care for women and/or children.
Funding requests up to $20,000 (total) for a three year term will be considered.
- Enhance research excellence and capacity in investigator-initiated clinical/community research studies.
- Support the development of evidence-informed practice to improve health outcomes for women and/or children.
All applications to WCHRI must align with our relevance criteria in order to be eligible for funding. Eligibility is restricted to projects that require human subjects (HREB) ethical approval.
Criteria for the CRISP Grant:
• principal investigators must be WCHRI academic member for not less than 1 year prior to application; except new recruits with an academic appointment of less than 1 year at time of application to WCHRI.
• each principal investigator may submit one application (maximum).
• a research mentor is required as part of the team if the PI has less than 40% protected research time.
• research mentors must hold a full-time continuing academic appointment and be WCHRI academic members.
• past awardees may not apply for two years from the date of implementation on the previous award.
All applications must be complete and signed by the University of Alberta on behalf of the applicant prior to application submission. WCHRI CRISP grants are tenable at the University of Alberta only.
WCHRI membership is free—complete information may be found on our website.
Institutional deadline compliance
Department of Pediatrics applicants must contact Dr. Gary Lopaschuk, Associate chair, research, no later than July 31, 2019.
All applicants are required to solicit institutional sponsorship. Please ensure that you are aware of institutional deadlines for internal review and sponsorship. Contact your research facilitator should you have any questions about institutional sponsor.
Priority Call in Mental Health
WCHRI has committed one award to support research in the area of women and/or children’s mental health. The application process for these funds remains the same as for other applications.
The application close date is September 6, 2019 at 4:00 pm.
Applications must be submitted to WCHRI using the WCHRI Grants electronic submission portal. Late applications will not be accepted.
- 2019 CRISP program guidelines
- 2019 CRISP application form
- 2019 CRISP biosketch template
- 2019 CRISP information for mentors
- 2019 CRISP peer review
- Reference for writing letters of support
For further information
Contact WCHRI grants administration at firstname.lastname@example.org.