Canadian Child Health Clinician Scientist Program
Gain the knowledge and skills for a clinician scientist career in child health research.
The Canadian Child Health Clinician Scientist Program (CCHCSP) provides support for child health clinician candidates to develop their requisite knowledge and skills for a career as an independent scientist in child health research. Trainees engage in research training and a core curriculum in one of the CCHCSP’s participating Child Health Research Training Centres. Research training is supervised by a research mentor and advisory committee and is structured to facilitate excellence in research with an interdisciplinary focus.
WCHRI is a member of the CCHCSP. We support successful applicants from the University of Alberta for the CCHCSP award through funding from the Stollery Children Hospital Foundation.
Three types of awards are available:
- Predoctoral : $50,000 per year
- Postdoctoral: $70,000 per year
- Career development : $70,000 per year
NOTE: the host institution contributes 50% of each of the above awards.
The application deadline is twice per year – April 1 and November 1. The next application deadline is April 1, 2018.
- be Canadian and a permanent resident of Canada.
- hold an appropriate health professional degree in medicine, surgery, nursing, psychology, nutrition, rehabilitation sciences or communication disorders and have completed appropriate education and clinical training to meet the requirements of an appropriate licensing body to practice as a child health professional in Canada.
You can find more information, including how to apply, in this overview.