Take your research to more places.
Travel funding of up to $750 is available for trainees to help them gain exposure for their research projects at conferences.
Conference funds may be used for travel to a research-related conference where the following applies:
- Applicant is registered at the University of Alberta in a graduate or post-graduate training program focused on women’s and/or children’s health research OR applicant is an undergraduate student who has been supported by a WCHRI Summer Studentship and is presenting research directly related to the summer work.
- Applicant is requesting funds to attend a meeting in which the applicant is the first author on an accepted abstract for presentation (poster or oral).
- The abstract clearly relates to research in women’s and/or children’s health and aligns with WCHRI's vision, mission and strategic roadmap.
- Supervisor or research mentor must be a WCHRI member.
- Each supervisor/research mentor may sponsor a maximum of two trainee travel awards per fiscal year.
- Each trainee is eligible to apply once during each program type.
- All awardees of travel funds agree to present their research at the WCHRI Research Day.
- Awardees must seek reimbursement during the term of the award. Reimbursement will not be considered beyond the term of the award indicated on the offer of award letter.
Applications may be submitted at any time but must be received by WCHRI a minimum of ten days before travel to the event.
NOTE: this program is funded through a reimbursement process. Receipts or expenses must be submitted by the last day of the month following the conference.
For further information
Contact WCHRI’s Research Grants Administrator, Michelle Bailleux, at 780-248-2090 or firstname.lastname@example.org.