The Women and Children's Health Research Institute offers research funding opportunities, which:
- promote and support innovative in women and children’s health;
- assist in the recruitment of top researchers to the University of Alberta and WCHRI;
- encourage transdisciplinary research;
- provide seed money for projects that have the potential to attract further funding;
- offer training opportunities for talented young researchers and students; and
- provide travel and educational funding to our members.
Applicants and/or their supervisors must be WCHRI members to be eligible for grants. Applicants are contacted directly once adjudication is completed. Competition results are then posted on our website.
- Clinical/Community Research Integration Support Program (CRISP)
- Clinical Research Seed Grants
- Graduate Studentships
- Grant Assist (Bridge Funding) Program
- Innovation Grants
- Patient and Community Engagement Training
- Resident/Clinical Fellow Trainee Research Grants
- Scientific Knowledge and Exchange Program (SKEP)
- Summer Studentships
- Trainee Travel
All research projects that receive funding must properly acknowledge WCHRI and the support of the Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation and/or the Lois Hole Hospital for Women in their research and public publications, presentations, posters and reports.
For further information
Contact WCHRI’s Research Grants Administrator, Michelle Bailleux, at 780-248-2090 or firstname.lastname@example.org.