Graduate Studentship Program
Apply to become a WCHRI-funded graduate student
The WCHRI Graduate Studentship Program offers competitively funded trainee support to outstanding students who are engaged in a full-time, thesis-based graduate level program of study at the University of Alberta. The award is valued at up to $18,000 per year and may be held for up to two years. Students and their supervisors from all faculties/departments and disciplines researching issues related to women's and children's health are encouraged to apply.
The 2017 competition is now closed. The next competition will be offered in Spring 2018. Information will be posted in the WCHRI bulletin in November.
The application delivery address is:
Research Grants Administration
4-081 Edmonton Clinic Health Academy (ECHA)
11405–87 Avenue, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB T6G 1C9
Students must be:
- a WCHRI member.
- under the primary supervision of a WCHRI member.
- registered in a full-time, thesis-based, graduate program at the University of Alberta in a health-related discipline leading to a master's or doctoral degree at the time of application.
- must be a WCHRI member.
- may submit one application per competition.
- can support no more than two WCHRI graduate students simultaneously.
Award program changes for 2017
The WCHRI award will remain at $18,000 per year but cost-share from supervisors will no longer be required. It is expected, however, that supervisors will contribute to the support of their graduate student according to departmental, faculty and institutional expectations. This change will not impact current WCHRI Graduate Student Awardees.
- 2017 Graduate Studentship Program General Policies and Conditions
- 2017 Graduate Studentship Award Application
- 2017 Graduate Studentship Biosketch Template
- 2017 Graduate Studentship FGSR Waiver to Disclose GPA
Application information session
WCHRI hosted an application information session on February 28, 2017. Review the session slides.
We are proud of what our past students have accomplished in this program. You can read about some of their projects in our 2016 Graduate Studentship Program Booklet.
For further information
Contact WCHRI’s Research Grants Administrator, Michelle Bailleux, at 780-248-2090 or email@example.com.