Clinical/Community Research Integration Support Program (CRISP)
Facilitate excellence with an integrated hospital environment
The Clinical/Community Research Integration Support Program (CRISP) funds high impact clinical and/or community research that has the potential to improve health outcomes and/or influence clinical practice at the point of care for women and/or children.
Funding requests may be up to $20,000 (total) spent over a period of support of three years.
- Enhance research excellence and capacity in investigator-initiated clinical/community research studies.
- Support the development of evidence-informed practice to improve health outcomes for women and/or children.
The application and all supporting documentation is due September 12, 2017, at 4 p.m. in ECHA 4-081.
- Funding is restricted to clinical (human) research that requires ethical approval.
- Principal investigators must be academic members of WCHRI.
- Principal investigators must be eligible to hold research funds according to the UAPPOL policy.
- WCHRI strongly encourages all applicants to include a project mentor on the team, HOWEVER, including a project mentor is required if the PI has < 40% protected research time.
- Successful applicants may not apply again for two years from the date of implementation.
All applicants are encouraged to contact WCHRI for assistance with developing their project and application. You can contact us through the Support Platforms for Integrated Research (SPIR) links. We also developed several templates to help you with your application. These include:
- CRISP Biosketch 2017 template
- CRISP Application workflow
- CRISP Information for Mentors
- Reference for Writing Letters of Support
Department of Pediatrics applicants must contact Dr. Gary Lopaschuk, associate chair, research by July 12, 2017, for support with the application process and internal review.
For further information
Contact WCHRI’s Research Grants Administrator, Michelle Bailleux, at 780-248-2090 or firstname.lastname@example.org.